Social Media policy
Independent Distributors are permitted to discuss and promote their business on social media platforms such as blogs, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, Myspace, etc. The following is the Company’s policy and guidelines on such representation. The absence of, or lack of explicit reference to a specific site, does not limit the extent of the application of this policy. Where no policy or guideline exists, Independent Distributors should use their professional judgment and take the most prudent action possible.
- Personal blogs, websites and social media profiles should have clear disclaimers that the views expressed by the author are the author’s alone and do not represent the views of the Company. E.g. – “The opinions and positions expressed are my own and don’t necessarily reﬂect those of Flying Jet
- You must represent yourself accurately and clearly state your relationship with the Company as Independent Distributor. No other claims may be made as employee, agent or otherwise.
- You may not use the Company’s trademarks or brands in any username or handle in any social media platform. These include but are not limited to Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
- Information published on your blogs, websites and social media profiles should comply and adhere with the Flying Jet Policies & Procedures. This also applies to comments posted on other blogs, forums, and social networking sites.
- Independent Distributor may not use or attempt to register or sell any of company and its associated companies’ trade names, trademarks, service names, service marks, product names, or any derivative thereof, for any internet domain name or email address.
- By identifying yourself as an Independent Distributor, you identify yourself with the brand image and the values of the Company. As such, your online activity can affect others’ perceptions of the Company, its products and services. It is therefore important to be aware that your actions captured via images, posts, or comments can reflect that of the Company. The following guidelines must be adhered to for posting any content online:
- You must use only text found on the Company’s official website.
- You may not supplement the content of your website or social networking profile with text from any source other than the Company.
- All content must be spell-checked.
- All misleading or deceptive activities, information and tactics are prohibited.
- Respect copyright laws, and reference or cite sources appropriately.
- No abusive language is permitted.
- No personal attacks are permitted.
- Independent Distributor must always disclose their relationship or identify them as a Flying Jet Independent Distributor when making any comment in regard to Flying Jet and/or its products.
- Independent Distributor who provides testimonials online must be truthful and subject to typical results.
- For paid Internet advertising such as Facebook ads, the Company’s logo or trademark may not be used. All links must be directed to the ID’s Personal Website and not the Company’s official site.